The fringe seminars focus on a variety of specialist topics around the main conference themes. They are free to attend.
F1 10:30 – 11:00 (Seminar Theatre 1)
Keynote: Are we ready for the future of learning?
This session will draw on hot off the press insights from L&D leaders and learners around the globe to explore practical ideas to help us get ready for the future of learning, today.
Laura Overton, Founder & CEO, Towards Maturity
F2 12:30 – 13:00 (Conference Room 2)
Will micro-learning save e-Learning?
• What is micro-learning and how is it being used successfully across organisations
• How is micro-learning and human behaviour aligned - what does the data say
• Recommendations on getting started and refining your strategy
Steve Dineen, CEO, Fuse Universal
F3 13:45 – 14:15 (Conference Room 2)
How to align your learning strategy to business goals
Melanie Lepine FCIPD, Head of Collegue Development,
F4 10:30 – 11:00 (Seminar Theatre 2)
Keynote: An objective evaluation - selecting the right LMS for you!
• Identifying what you need from an LMS
• Establishing your LMS selection criteria
• Common mistakes and how to avoid them
• Top tips to selecting the right LMS
Craig Weiss, The Craig Weiss Group, CEO & Lead Analyst
F5 12:30 – 13:00 (Conference Room 1)
Using neuroscience to develop your leaders
In this session, best selling author Dr. Tal Ben Shaham, who taught Harvard University's most popular course, will outline the practical ways we can use these lessons from neuroscience to change our habits around the leadership behaviours that matter most.
Tal Ben-Shahar, Author & Co-Founder, Potentialife
F6 13:20 – 14:05 (Seminar Theare 2)
Panel discussion: Industry knowledge v Institutional knowledge
• How can the information help by each employee be available to everyone?
• How can good practice (and the lessons learned from not so good practice) be shared?
• How can organisations structure and organise interventions so that the industrial knowledge (how to motivate, lead, or make left handed widgets) is combined with the knowledge, skills and attitudes which are peculiar to an organisation?
F7 15:10 – 15:40 (Conference Room 2)
Closing keynote: the stress advantage
• Understand the challenges of modern day living that can create overload
• Positively manage stress in a way that you can use it to your advantage
• Cultivate healthy coping mechanisms to promote wellbeing and energy
• Learn how to be more resilient, agile, balanced and sustainable
Liggy Webb, Presenter, Author & Managing Director,
The Learning Architect